Welcome to MBS Lending
A lending division of the Melton Group
At MBS Lending (MBSL) we understand that not all mortgage applications are straightforward. We consider a wide range of client profiles, so if your client has had difficulty in securing mortgage finance due to adverse credit history, we may be able to help.
We use a paper based application process with manual underwriting by our experienced underwriting staff. Our DIP and Application Forms can be found on the Information for Brokers section of this page.
MBSL is a responsible lender utilising a full affordability process to assess your client’s ability to repay a mortgage. We work with the intermediary market through our association with brokers nationwide to help people buy their own homes.
We have a range of mortgage products to help your client repair their credit history which may show evidence of:
- Missed payments
- IVA or debt management
- No minimum income required
- First time buyers considered
- New build flats considered
- Debt management plans considered with minimum 6 months satisfactory conduct
- Gifted deposits from family considered
Impaired Credit History
Under regulatory rules borrowers with an impaired credit history are those who meet any one of the following conditions:
- Arrears on a previous (or current) mortgage or other secured loan within the last two years, where the cumulative amount overdue at any point reached three or more monthly payments;
- Arrears on a previous (or current) unsecured loan within the last two years, where the cumulative amount overdue at any point reached three or more monthly payments;
- One or more county court judgement (CCJs), with a total value greater than £500, within the last three years;
- Being subject to an Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA) within the last three years;
- Being subject to a bankruptcy order at any time within the last three years.
How to register
If you haven’t already done so, please register for the Melton group online via our main broker site www.themeltonbrokers.co.uk. We will acknowledge your registration within 4 working hours and once accepted, you can then send in your paper based DIP & Application forms.